Requirements and Interview Process
All Resident Physician I (RPI) positions are filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Application materials are submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), via the Dean's Office of the applicant's medical school. We accept application ONLY through ERAS.
A complete application file consists of:
- An ERAS application (Common Application Form);
- A personal statement
- At least three letters of recommendation (from OB/GYN, Surgery, Medicine, Pediatrics, etc.)
- The Dean's letter (MSPE) and transcripts
- USMLE scores - REQUIRED - All exams must be passed on the first attempt. Applications received from applicants who have not passed their USMLE on the first attempt will not be considered. Current residents in our program averaged 236 on Step I and 255 on Step II. Step II CK and CS must be completed and the score provided before the NRMP rank list deadline.
- Please note: NRMP is the only system we use to rank and match our candidates. It is the responsibility of each applicant to make sure they are registered with NRMP.
International medical school graduates must have passed all appropriate examinations and be approved by the Medical Board of California to begin postgraduate medical education in this state. The UCSD Graduate Medical Education website provides guidelines for international medical graduates at this link:
The following dates have been selected for 2016 residency recruitment season:
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016
- Wednesday, December 14, 2016
We interview a total of 60 candidates (15 candidates per 4 dates) to match for 5 slots.
Any additional questions regarding the OB/GYN residency training program and/or the contents on this website can be directed to Justin Maisonet (email@example.com).
For more information regarding the department, please visit our Web site at: http://repromed.ucsd.edu.
Obstetrics and Gynecology is a rewarding and exciting profession. We wish you nothing but the utmost success in your endeavors!