Summary: UCSD is committed to maintaining an atmosphere that is free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, exploitation, intimidation, and any forms of sexual misconduct.
Equal Opportunity: Federal and state laws and University policies and practices ensure that all job applicants and UCSD employees have equal opportunities in every aspect of employment activities, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, and termination. Equal Employment Opportunity practices prevent discrimination and harassment.
Nondiscrimination policies: From the first steps in the hiring process through the day-to-day work experience, UCSD’s policies prohibit discrimination against or harassment of any person, including discrimination or harassment based on:
- Marital status
- Pregnancy (includes but is not limited to pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth)
- National origin
- Gender (including sexual harassment)
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Physical or mental disability
- Medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics)
- Status as a covered veteran
- Citizenship (within the limits posed by law)
UCSD’s affirmative action and equal opportunity policies and procedures require fair hiring practices and positive action in building and accommodating a diverse and representative workforce.